Friday, July 28, 2006

musing this morning ...

... on the nature of reverie ...













moving water (evidence of material imagination)

scanned and altered image
july 25, 2006

... evidence of reverie enjoyed in woods and along streams - collected, bottled, recorded ...

a reading from shih-shu:

bream and carp flash their golden scales,
pairs of ducks links wings.
all the while the poet stares this way and that --
caught in a web beyond all speaking.

resources for the journey

gaston bachelard, water and dreams: an essay on the imagination of matter
the cleveland metroparks
"shih shu" on poetry chaikhana

moving water on flickr

and the pleasures of tea

darjeeling estate golden tipped, from stash

love and best wishes,
jeanne

4 Comments:

Blogger jeff said...

Beautiful picture Jeanne.

I love the concept of 'reverie'.

How crazy is it that Bachelard's great book is not in print?

6:09 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

my thanks, jeff!

there is potential good news about bachelard's water and dreams: a staff person at dallas institute publications has told me that it will be reprinted "soon." when i hear that it is available again, i'll put a note on my blog.

take care, jeanne

6:34 PM  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

I seem to have stumbled across a hidden drawer full of Bachelardistas...

Thank goodness!
Thought I might be the only one left.

Lovely, lovely post, and now back for more...found you through Kevin Clooney's blog (at least I hope I've remembered him right. A few links away and my memory softens.)

6:03 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

lori, thank you for your visit!

not to worry - you're not the last of the bachelardistas! (not if i can help it...) since a friend introduced me to the poetics of space five years ago, i've been a devotee, and now an evangelista...

enjoy your time here in thisconceptvessel (and i recommend jeff's blog, as well!)

my best, jeanne

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home